Tis the season! I love the holidays especially Christmas. It is a magical time, with all the lights, great music, plus time with loved ones. As a kilt wearer this is a great time, and I will tell you why. Here are the 5 reasons to wear kilts to all your Christmas parties and celebrations:
- They are festive. So many tartans already have red or green in them, add in a nice shirt, tie, and jacket — and you have the making of a fun and festive outfit. I have even worn some of my Utilikilts with a red tux shirt and it looked cool too.
- They are a conversation starter. At this time of year, you usually go to a few parties, whether work, church, neighbors, friends or family. You will be meeting new people for sure. Kilts are a great conversation starter. I have had more people comment on my kilt than I ever did wearing a suit. And people usually approach me first… which is nice. Believe it or not, I am a bit of an introvert.
- You will look sharp. No doubt about it, you will probably be one of the best dressed people at the party. Kilt wearers are known for bringing out the big guns at the holidays… their nicest kilts, shirts, sporrans, kilt pins, jackets etc.
- You made yourself memorable. More and more strangers at parties want to take pictures with me because they love the kilt. And if they don’t remember my name the next time they see me, they sure remember the kilt — even if I am not wearing one the next time I see them.
- You expressed yourself. Who says real men don’t wear kilts? I say they do. I always felt that I wanted to fit in as I was growing up. Now I know that I was born to stand out! I get to express my personality and individuality through my wardrobe — more so than by wearing Dockers and a bad Christmas sweater would.
So kilt up this holiday season! You are sure to be a hit at all your holiday functions. Thanks to all my readers — may you have a blessed holiday season. And I look forward to new blog topics in the New Year.
KiltManinSoCal is a Los Angeles-based writer and designer. Be sure to check out the latest T-Shirts for sale here, including Marriage Equality and Real Men Wear Kilts lines. They make great gifts for friends, family and loved ones.